Social Icons

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

PRAYER TO ST. PEREGRINE PATRON AGAINST CANCER

 
 
Glorious wonder-worker, St. Peregrine,
you answered the divine call with a ready spirit,
and forsook all the comforts of a life
of ease and all the empty honors
of the world to dedicate yourself to God
in the Order of His holy Mother.
 
You labored manfully
for the salvation of souls.
 
In union with Jesus crucified,
you endured painful sufferings
with such patience as to deserve
to be healed miraculously of an incurable cancer
in your leg by a touch of His divine Hand.
 

 Obtain for me the grace
to answer ever call of God
and to fulfill His will in all the events of life.
 
Enkindle in my heart a consuming zeal
for the salvation of all men.
 
Deliver me from the infirmities
that afflict my body,
especially (name your ailments).
 
Obtain for me also a perfect resignation
to the sufferings it may please God to send me,
so that, imitating our crucified Saviour
and His sorrowful Mother,
I may merit eternal glory in heaven.
 
Amen.
 
 
St. Peregrine, pray for me
and for all who invoke your aid.
 
 
 

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates