Social Icons

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

PRAYER OF ST. THERESE LISIEUX



O Jesus, who in Thy bitter Passion
didst become "the most abject of men,
a man of sorrows,"
 
I venerate Thy Sacred Face
whereon there once did shine the beauty
and sweetness of the Godhead;
but now it has become
for me as if it were the face of a leper!
 

Nevertheless, under those disfigured features,
I recognize Thy infinite Love and I am consumed
with the desire to love Thee
and make Thee loved by all men.
 
The tears which well up abundantly
in Thy sacred eyes appear to me as
so many precious pearls that I love to gather up,
in order to purchase the souls
of poor sinners by means
of their infinite value.
 
O Jesus, whose adorable face
ravishes my heart,
I implore Thee to fix deep within me
Thy divine image and to set me
on fire with Thy Love,
that I may be found worthy
to come to the contemplation
of Thy glorious Face in Heaven.

Amen.


 

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates