Social Icons

Friday, May 23, 2014

NOVENA PRAYER TO ST. MICHAEL FOR REQUESTS

 

Saint Michael the Archangel,
 loyal champion of God and His people,
I turn to you with confidence
and seek your powerful intercession.

For the love of God,
Who made you so glorious in grace and power,
and for the love of the Mother of Jesus,
the Queen of the Angels,
be pleased to hear my prayer.

You know the value of my soul
in the eyes of God.
May no stain of evil ever disfigure its beauty.


Help me to conquer the evil spirits that tempt me.
I desire to imitate your loyalty
 to God and Holy Mother Church
and your great love for God and people.

And since you are God's messenger
for the care of His people,
I entrust to you this special request:
(mention your request).
 
St. Michael, since you are,
by the will of the Creator,
the powerful intercessor of Christians,
I have great confidence in your prayers.

I earnestly trust that if it is God's holy will,
my petition will be granted.
 
Pray for me St. Michael,
and also for those I love.
Protect us in all dangers of body and soul.
Help us in our daily needs.
Through your powerful intercession,
may we live a holy life,
die a happy death and reach heaven
where we may praise
and love God with you forever.

Amen.

 
In thanksgiving to God
for the graces bestowed on St. Michael:
1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary, 1 Glory Be.

 
The faithful who recite devoutly some prayers
in honour of St. Michael at any season
of the year with the intention
of continuing the same
for nine successive days,
may gain an indulgence of 5 years
once each day and a plenary indulgence
 under the usual condition
at the end of their novena (449).






 

No comments:

 
Blogger Templates